Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The 3 Steps of Acceptance

Ok, after you get accepted, your going to start getting a bunch of e-mails with a lot of tings you actually have to do before you are really considered "accepted." I'm going to list each e-mail I received here and how much time between each e-mail there was so you have an idea of how long this process takes. 

When I got my acceptance e-mail at 3:19 PM on September 26, 2012, this is what it looked like: 








































And this same e-mail gave me this list of things to do to really be "accepted."



So, the first thing I did was actually read the full acceptance letter and "accept the offer." That didn't take too long. Then I was sent this Step 2 e-mail at 7:53 PM that same day:




I clicked that button and submitted my program fees. Next, I got this payment confirmation e-mail at 8:23 PM that same night:



And then for some strange reason, I was sent two e-mails around 8:30 PM that same night which both basically said I needed to schedule my program dates. Here's the e-mail out of the two I got that is worth reading:



I logged onto my dashboard and picked my dates from a list of dates that were available for someone accepted for Attractions. These dates were Jan 7th-May 17th. Then I got this "additional information" e-mail at 8:48 PM that same night:





























Clicking on that link and filling out the additional information didn't take long at all. It was so straightforward and easy, I don't even really remember what additional information they asked my to give them. It was basic information you would give anyone trying to hire you for a job though. Then...finally...I got this wonderful "Welcome to the Team!" e-mail at 7:39 PM on October 1st:









































YAY! This means you are actually committed to doing the program and have a spot reserved in the program! In addition to these e-mails, I also received a couple other e-mails that don't really need their own blog post, but are definitely worth mentioning. The first one is a "Character Performer Audition" e-mail that I got on October 4th at 11:25 AM:



* I did not apply to the DCP trying to be a Character Performer, so beyond this e-mail I don't know much about the audition process and how that exactly works with the previous role you have been accepted for already. But from what I understand so far, I think if Disney likes you at auditions, then they just change your role and that's it.* 



























The second e-mail is for the "Disney Look." It's about looking at the guidelines for health and beauty standards while working in the Disney Parks. I got it on November 5th at 2:20 PM:




































If you want to know more about the "Disney Look," just go to Google and search "disney look," and you should be able to find all the guidelines easily. Well, that's all for this post! Have a magical day!

No comments:

Post a Comment